I am currently Machine Learning Engineer & Product Owner at DPG Media. I work on responsible news recommendation for major Dutch news titles such as de Volkskrant, het Parool, AD and nu.nl, reaching roughly 10 million users a day.
I have an undergraduate and graduate degree in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Amsterdam and studied at the University of Toronto for one semester. I focused on NLP, deep learning, fundamental ML theory and statistics.
I wrote my master thesis under the supervision of Maartje ter Hoeve, Anne Schuth, Marlies van der Wees and Maarten de Rijke.
In the past I have collaborated with Dieuwke Hupkes and Elia Bruni on compositionality in neural networks.
Teaching & Supervision
- 2021 - current - Guido Ansem, MSc AI VU. Fact preserving text generation. Co-supervised with Lucas de Haas and Peter Bloem.
- 2020 – current - Claartje Barkhof, MSc AI UvA. Information Flow in VAEs. Co-supervised with Lucas de Haas, David Stap and Wilker Aziz.
- 2019 – 2020 - Henning Bartsch, MSc AI UvA. Neural News Recommendation. Co-supervised with Lucas de Haas and Maartje ter Hoeve.
- Research intern at DPG Media working on interpretability in transformers for abstractive summarization (master thesis).
- Research intern at Infosys in Bangalore working on robotic navigation in controlled environments.
- ML Researcher at YoungCapital working on finding relevant candidates given a vacancy and vice versa.
Find me on LinkedIn here.